Welcome to Crown Beverages Limited!
As you navigate our website, I hope you learn more about the qualities that make Crown Beverages Limited a formidable player in Uganda’s soft drinks industry, a reliable business partner and a wonderful place to build a career. As a business, we;
- Produce and distribute refreshments to delight our consumers in East and Central Africa
- Acknowledge that consumers are our strength and survival, and therefore tailor our operations to suit their needs and expectations.
- Take pride in having distributors and suppliers as our partners and we commit to maintaining a mutually beneficial relationship with them, as well as other business associates.
- Aim at achieving the highest international quality standards in all we do.
- Emphasize and pursue integrity in all our dealings and operations and will not compromise on generally acceptance corporate governance.
- Are committed to our social and environmental responsibilities.
- Foster an enabling environment that builds teamwork, trust and respect.
- Value people and empower them through learning and development, while recognizing and rewarding performance.
The story started with Lake Victoria Bottling Company, a government parastatal with franchise to bottle PepsiCo products in 1951. In 1993, the company was privatized to a consortium of local investors who renamed it Crown Bottlers Limited, and PepsiCo renewed the franchise to work with the new owners. In 1997, International Pepsi-Cola Bottler Investments, a South African firm acquired a 51 percent stake in the company and renamed it Crown Beverages Ltd.
It is in 2001 that three local shareholders - Amos Nzeyi, Chris Kayoboke and Dr. Margaret Kigozi paid out their counterparts and acquired 100 percent control of the company.
Following decades of investment that has seen the private investors acquire new glass bottling lines and PET packaging lines added to the Nakawa-based plant, several new products introduced and now a new site opening soon in Kakungulu, the company has witnessed unprecedented growth and is today one of the leading employers and taxpayers in the country. The market has rewarded us with more loyalty, allowing us to grow our sales volumes year after year and we couldn’t be more grateful.
That is Crown Beverages Limited — a manufacturing company with a proud history and a bright future!
On behalf of Crown Beverages Limited, I invite you to explore our website and learn more about all the products we have to offer. I am sure you will see why we love what we do.
Paddy Muramiirah, CEO